flatbread

Tonight I made flatbread with mozzarella and caramelized onions and mushrooms and then I topped it with wild arugula (tossed with a bit of Italian dressing).
Definitely the perfect summer dinner, light but hearty.
I made a second flatbread as well, I rubbed a bit of garlic before I baked it and also added chicken.

Ingredients
pizza dough (from Trader Joes)
mozzarella (I wanted to use fontina cheese, but didn't have any!)
half an onion (sliced)
about a cup of sliced mushrooms
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
arugula (or spinach)

1. heat a skillet with about a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Add in the onions and mushrooms. Salt and pepper, then the 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. Let it cook down for about 5-10min.
2.Preheat the oven at 450 degrees. Roll out the dough (instructions are in back of the bag) make sure to roll it super flat.
3. I added the mozzarella first and then the caramelized onions and mushrooms. (you can definitely add whatever you want)
bake it for about 10-15min. Just watch for the cheese to be golden.
4. toss the arugula in any dressing you like. Top it on the flatbread andddd voila! Bon appetite

1 comments:

Michelle said...

yummmmmmmmmm

Post a Comment