What?! Another tart?

Because it was my friend's birthday (Happy 20th Jen!), I made a dessert fruit tart with lemon custard inside!
Okay, I know I haven't been posting recipes...but I'll put this recipe up Friday! (I have an 8am class tomorrow. gotta looooove summer school).

recipe
Crust:
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
-In the bowl of an electric mixter, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the vanilla extract. Add the flour and salt until just combined. Press dough into prepared tart pan and puncture the tart with a fork. Place in freezer for at least 10 minutes. This lets the dough rest and will help it hold its shape while baking. Place a piece of parchment paper over the tart shell and fill with pie weights, dry beans or rice. Place in oven for 10-15 minutes, until edges are lightly golden brown and set. Carefully remove the parchment paper from the pie and place back in the oven for 5-10 minutes until center of tart is golden brown.* Place on a wire rack to cool completely. Once cool, move tart shell to the refrigerator until ready to fill!

I used this recipe for the Lemon Custard



4 comments:

Rhoda Jien said...

Geez fancy face!

NANCY said...

omg so pretty. and so jealous that you can cook and i cant =(.

and yea, i started posting again. im trying to post like once everyday. haha. its all gonna be about models though. ehehe.

Anonymous said...

I love tarts.
that is all.

bakedbyjen said...

This looks great! I got to put my tart pan to use now!

Post a Comment